Sources：Xiangyang Fengzheng Auto Parts Co., Ltd | PublishDate：2021.12.17
1. Large weight range. Forgings are as small as a few grams and as large as hundreds of tons.
2. Higher quality than castings. Forgings have better mechanical properties than castings, and can withstand large impact force and other heavy loads. Therefore, forgings are used for all important and pressurized parts. For high carbon steel, the quality of forgings is better than that of rolled products. For example, high speed steel rolled products can meet the requirements only after forging transformation. In particular, high-speed steel milling cutters need to be forged.
3. Light weight. On the premise of ensuring the design strength, the forging is lighter than the casting, which reduces the weight of the machine itself, which is of great significance to the vehicle.
4. Save raw materials. For example, when the crankshaft with a static weight of 17kg is cut and forged by rolling, the chip accounts for 189% of the crankshaft weight, while when die forging is adopted, the chip accounts for only 30%, and the machining working hours are shortened by 1 / 6. Precision forged forgings can not only save more raw materials, but also save more machining hours.
5. High productivity. For example, forging radial thrust bearings with two hot forging presses can replace 30 automatic cutting machines. The productivity of six axis automatic lathe is 17.5 times higher than that of M24 nut produced by top forging automata.
6. Free forging has great flexibility. Therefore, forging methods are widely used in some repair and manufacturing plants to produce various accessories.